I poured my juice and took a big swig... I really wish there had been a camera on me at the time. I know the face I made, before my coughing fit, was priceless. Maybe I should have started with sips? The taste was not awesome. Hell, it didn't even taste like OJ to me. Disappointing.
Since it was a big day at work - the SCOTUS ruling on the outcome of the ACA - I thought I should look professional (just in case any reporters came by). So I put on my nice dress and realized that it had... grew? Or maybe I shrunk! It felt like I was wearing a bag. Dang it (and yay). I put on my thinking cap and rigged it up with a safety pin. Because I would like silly like that, I put a sweater on. I am freezing in the office daily anyway. In hindsight, I should have looked at the weather.. it was 100 degrees out! Apparently, wearing a black cardigan in that temperature makes people give you weird looks. Or maybe it was a different reason they were looking at me oddly? Now I am curious.. but I digress.
While at work the ruling came in and the mandate was upheld (with just a few tweaks). I think overall, that made most well informed people happy and I didn't have to deal with any camera's in my face - yay!
I was drinking my OJ (of course) while on break and I smelled something yummy. I followed it to the kitchen where I found this sight.
When I got home from work, I reminded my husband that I needed soup for ease out day 2. He said I was incorrect. That called for a googling. Sigh. I might have misread the ease out a bit. And I had been drinking OJ fresh squeezed - isn't that what they said? What? It said diluted fresh squeezed? How could I have missed that? Well, maybe that will take care of the BM problem that I have still been having from day 9 that hasn't stopped. It has been manageable but annoying.
What else might I have gotten wrong? Day 2 is supposed to be normal juices or soups/broths. Day 3 is supposed to be fruit/veggies. Day 4 is Live Foods. So my thoughts were just a little off. I guess next time I shouldn't go on memory alone. Good thing my husband questioned me on it or I wouldn't have realized the OJ thing.. but I was correct on day 2!
We went through our Soup Bible and found a soup I wanted. Of course we were out of some of the items I needed. So, off to the store I went to get carrots and celery.
Here is a picture from the book of what he made me. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the actual soup.
The soup is called Potage of Lentils aka Easu's soup. It's a traditional Middle Eastern/Jewish soup. It smelled yummy. I took a small taste, it was delicious. What a relief! Day 2 is going to be awesome!!
The cook book we used is called The Ultimate Soup Bible and it is fantastic. You can see/buy it here