Search This Blog

Easing Out - Day 2, 3 & 4

Ease our days 2 - 4 went by like a blur.

Friday (day 2) I ate soup all day which was pretty much in line with what the master cleanse sites said. I think the soup was a bit heavy for me. If I had to do it again, I probably would have diluted my OJ on day 1 and ate a more brothy soup for day 2. I ended up taking a 30 minute walk; it was too hot for anything more. I consumed 570ish calories. I only drank about 8 cups of water. And I did not have a BM either (thank goodness!) Here I am at work doing my bathroom poses y'all have gotten so used to by now.


Day 3, there was a big storm throughout the night and 2.5 million residents lost power, including us. It was crazy.

Neighbor has two downed trees
We left the house to mail a package and went to eat lunch at Baja Fresh. Because of the power issue we did not eat beforehand. I was a little concerned but even if the power hadn't gone out we did not have much food in our house. Can you say grocery trip? At Baja Fresh. I asked the cashier to confirm there was no meat, eggs or dairy in their black beans and rice, salsa or guacamole. She said there wasn't, so I ate it. For this being my first time having non liquid/blended food in like 2 weeks, I was not impressed. Well, the salsa was good but the rice, beans and guacamole were not as good as our homemade. They tasted very bland. The rest of the day was pretty low key. I made some kale chips and hummus and my husband made me some Barley Mushroom Risotto. I ended up consuming 500ish calories and drank 10 cups of water. Still no BM.
Barley Mushroom Risotto
Day 4, I had a BM! This day was my son's birthday, so everyone wanted pizza and cake and all of those fun things. I ended up going and getting my own pizza from zpizza. It cost about as much as all their pizzas combined (from Domino's) but it was fresh and delicious tasting! I got a Vegan pizza with wheat crust and veggies. I also made a cake I could eat (sans eggs and dairy.) I had it with some brown sugar and pineapples. It was pretty good. I also ate some fresh fruit and veggies. I noticed that it was so much easier eating healthy and smart than I thought it would be going into this. Everyone is also very thoughtful and helpful about it - especially my husband. I was getting so consumed with eating, I almost forgot about my caloric goal of 1200. I got up to 1130ish and drank 10 cups of water.