Search This Blog

Unexpected Setbacks

It has been almost a week and a half since my last posting. Sorry about that. Last Tuesday - Friday were pretty uneventful which was good. Work went by normally and my BMs, food, and water were all on track too. 

Saturday however, things got crazy. I was camping in WV and decided to play a game of tag. TAG... you know that game. The one where one person chases another (or many) to try to touch them so they become the tagger. Well apparently me + flop flops+ wet grass + hill = disaster. As I am booking it trying to catch this faster than light 6 year old, I slip, trip, and have myself a good roll.. I ended up dislocating my ankle and getting a bad sprain. They say I have possibly torn some ligaments/tendons. They also say I probably did not break/fracture any bones BUT they need me to come back in a few weeks after all the swelling is down. So, needless to say, each day after has been a ton of fun.


I had crutches until Monday afternoon when they were swapped out for a walking boot. I have never been so grateful in my life. Those crutches were the pits, literally.. Look at that bruise!


I have a new-found respect for those who have disabilities. It is crazy hard being in constant pain and having a hard time getting around.

Needless to say, this has put quite the damper on my training... I haven't done any. I feel like I have gained weight back. I have not weighed myself to see if I am correct or not though. I am kind of afraid to. I hope I can hurry back into action. I need to do my training because I have the 8 mile run coming up next month.

I am still staying below 1200 calories but I am starting to eat more and am hungry more often. I need to remember to keep on the good food track. I have been craving chocolate late at night. I have resisted but I wonder why?

I almost forgot, Friday night and all of Saturday while on the camping trip, I was consistently badgered and peer pressured from every angle because everyone was drinking except me. I held strong. They even had vegan beer there. I just knew I did not need the empty calories, plus alcohol is not my friend.

Calories/Water Consumption:
Tues 500/11
Weds 569/10
Thurs 674/11
Fri  515/10
Sat 744/12
Sun 691/10
Mon 840/12
Tues 975/10
Weds 971/10

Until next time.. I leave you with my inspiration for how I want to look. My husband says she is too fit. He doesn't want me that defined in my stomach.. I disagree. I think she looks super awesome!