Search This Blog

Day 1 and Before

Okay, as I mentioned in my previous post The Master Cleanse ... I am doing this cleanse. I did the ease-in day 1 (which was the Live Foods day) then skipped days 2-4... however, thinking about it now, I just realized I ate meat on ease-in day 1.. so technically, I guess I skipped the whole ease-in but meats use to be alive so it might be a bit of a grey area. You know, a 'toe-may-toe', 'tow-mah-tow' kind of thing? The night before day 1, right before bed, I went ahead and made my Lemonade "concoction": that is what I like to call it (and every time I say it, I smile, sooo yeah..) I went ahead and tried it. I had really expected something horrid like some of the protein shakes I have had in the past that were beyond gross (you know the kind, where you have to hold back vomit while drinking it.) but, I thought the Spicy Lemonade wasn't too bad actually. And as much as I don't really want to discuss my bowel movements abbreviated to BM starting now.. I know to document this well, I will need to... so I took a laxative and went to bed (very much amped for day 1)!

I woke up on Day 1 and made myself my first drink; drank it; loaded up my supplies and headed off to work.
When I got in to work, I remembered I wanted to document my progress with pictures, so... I headed into the bathroom and quickly took them. This accounts for the blurriness. I didn't want someone to walk in on me doing this. Can we say, awkward.


So day 1 was a bit hard, as my office (as a whole) loves food. There is almost always food within sight or within smelling range. I also always have people offer me stuff, especially sweets and usually I accept - one of the reasons I wanted to do a detox.

I turned down 5 food offers by noon.. so hard. My willpower was definitely tested. One of my co-workers walked by in the afternoon with a plate covered with aluminum foil. I could smell the BBQ goodness wafting from underneath; my animal instincts seemed to snap to life as I envisioned myself ripping her arm off just to eat her food.. Then I blinked back to reality and went and made another Lemonade drink. Before long, I had developed a bit of a headache (this is supposedly normal). I continued drinking throughout the day and I was up to 6 drinks by the time I got home. This does not include all the water I drank which was at least 9 (8 oz) cups.
I was chugging them down and then chasing them with a glass of water.
Note: the cayenne warms the tummy and lips so I realized it was best to chug them and chase with water.

When I got home, my husband was talking about ordering pizza. PIZZA!!! To say that didn't sit well is an understatement. I found myself VERY irritated and EXTREMELY annoyed.
How dare he! He knows I am on a cleanse! UGHHHHH... NO! NO! NO!
So to avoid a TOTAL MELTDOWN, I went into the kitchen and pulled out random items: macaroni and cheese, corn and hotdogs. I made them and fed them to the family. HA! Crisis diverted.

Afterwards, I made my final drink and went to lay down and watch my tv shows (which happened to be Master Chef and Hell's Kitchen.) This was a bad idea. It was really like torture to me. I did not realize, watching all the food being made would be such a big deal... but it was and OMG, there were A BILLION food commercials to boot! So yeah, It was hell.

Later on, I remembered I was supposed to be having BMs and hadn't had one since the previous day, so I took a stool softener and a laxative pill and downed some additional water. After a while, my headache (from earlier in the day) turned into a migraine and I started getting nauseous.... I knew I had to get to sleep before it got worse. It was only 10pm and I hadn't had my BM. Oh well.