Anyway, I've decided I will give The Master Cleanse a try. If you googled this cleanse (probably how you ended up here) you will find lots about it from multiple sources, both for and against it. I did google it and I found I couldn't find many people who did the cleanse and documented it well. Cue me deciding I would be the person who does and then I will know that what is said is true as well.
The cleanse consists of an "ease in" period of 4 days that are optional but recommended (I skipped it), then "The Lemonade Diet" which I will now refer to as Spicy Lemonade and finishing with an "ease out" period of 4 days which are not optional.
The ease out is set up like the ease in but it is reversed. I have listed the ease out below:
- Day 1 - Fresh Orange Juice: This means getting oranges and squeezing them yourself.
- Day 2 - Soups and Broths: Made from veggies (they don't say it but probably the more liquidy the better) is liquidy is even a real word? Probably in the Urban Dictionary... but I digress...
- Day 3 - Juicing: This is you taking fresh fruits and veggies and blending them up into something you can drink.
- Day 4 - Live Foods: Basically anything alive that is plant based; no meats and no dairy either.
After the ease IN, comes The Spicy Lemonade, which is made by combining:
- Grade B Pure Maple Syrup - if you cannot find B then use Grade A.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - same meaning as the Orange Juice, listed above.
- Pure Water - not distilled or carbonated. Like Spring or Filtered.
- Cayenne Pepper - says you can substitute it out for capsules or for ginger or paprika (but they are not as effective).
You are also suppose to do nightly laxatives (or daily depending on who you listen to) by way of a tea &/or a Salt Water Flush, hence forth abbreviated to: SWF.
The SWF consists of two things:
- Pure Water (warmed) - see above for description
- Salt - non iodized, sea preferred.
From this point forward I will write a different blog posting on each day of my cleanse (with pictures - hopefully). I am hoping to do 10 days not including the ease out. We shall see.