Search This Blog

Going For Seconds?

The other week my employer catered a meeting with Mr. Omelet. I did not partake, as I am still eating vegan. At first I was feeling grumpy, then I realized all the supplies weren't up to my standards anyway!

Look at him, he even had his own chef hat!

I probably should be keeping track of the little things and meals and fun stuff that goes on from one post to the next but we are always on the go and I just forget to. Oh well.. maybe I will at some point?

Updated pic of my stomach - it's pretty flat. Now I just need to start working on defining it.


I am down to 113.5 lbs. on a good day (in the am). On a bad day I weigh in at 121 lbs. (in the pm). It is crazy how a few days of not having a BM can weigh you down... The expression "full of shit" makes more sense now.


In other news, we've done a good bit of cooking lately (husband does most of the cooking and I, the baking.) A lot our experimenting has come from www.ohsheglows.comI continually forget to take pictures of most of the stuff we make, as I am so excited to eat it! The few I did remember to capture, I have placed below.


Chocolate Cake (made with avocado)
Bulgar & Spinach Stuffed Pepper. Doesn't this look like a little pumpkin? My husband is so creative - haha. The recipe called for the peppers cut in half. He said NO WAY! It needs to look more Fall-ish (so these weren't his exact words.. but close enough.)
Millet with Mushroom Gravy & Kale and a side of Sweet Potato Latkes. Our only complaints were 1) There wasn't enough "gravy" and 2) The Latkes kept falling apart/sticking to the pan! All-in-all it was still a huge success because it tasted fantastic anyway!
Here are some of the other yummy things we have made lately: 
Fudge, Pumpkin Pie, Granola, Fava Bean Soup, Vegan Chili, Cucumber Salad, Salsa, Overnight Oats, Caramelized Cauliflower, Szechuan Broccoli, Rice Crispy Treats.

Note: When I say made, I really mean made, as in, from scratch... as much as possible that is. Let me clarify, I did not go out and pick the stuff from the earth and grind it into what it needs to be... It is not that I wouldn't, I just do not have that capability at my disposal. So I get what I can from the store as close to whole as possible (organic, local, etc) and go from there. Things like Rice Krispies I buy in a box (taking heed of the label. As I avoid additives and artificial crap.)


As mentioned above, I am still having a hard time having BMs. I know this is due to the women issues (mentioned in my last post) ... I am hardly able to go even with softeners/laxatives... I really wish I could take off work to get these things sorted out.. Unfortunately, until it is so unbearable that I cannot function anymore, I just can't take the leave to do it. Oh well.


My calories/water intake:

Wed Sept 19th 1068/12
Thurs 1086/8
Fri 920/8
Sat 1033/10
Sun 837/10
Mon 1041/14
Tues 1000/8
Weds Sept 26th 1010/8
Thurs 975/9
Fri 1130/8
Sat 1113/8
Sun 1033/10
Mon 1053/10
Tues 1215 (yes I went over - I ate a ton of homemade deliciousness that day)
Weds Oct 3rd 1094/9
Thurs 1169/8
Fri 1111/10
Sat 1034/8
Sun 1185/10
Mon 888/8
Tues 656/8
Weds Oct 10th 1039/8



It's all about who you know... That's right folks I know some very powerful people! This is a sneak peak at my kids' Halloween costumes. I really wanted the whole family to dress up but alas we ran out of funds for the husband and I. Maybe next year? I was thinking we could be The Incredibles
Once again I have realized I am not drinking enough water. I need to remember to increase my intake. I also need to remember it is okay to go for seconds AS LONG AS you are not full... Note to self: as soon as you feel that first tinge of fullness even if you are on your first plate you should STOP eating! You can always go back for more at at later time.

I went for a walk in DC since it has been so beautiful out. I love this Fall weather. It gets me out of the office and I get some exercising in as well. It is a win/win! It also gives me a chance to pretend I am a tourist and discover new places!
I finally went back for a training session this past weekend! I am STILL sore! I have another session this coming weekend. Hopefully I will no longer be in pain by then. I now only have 6 more PT sessions left. Feels bittersweet. I haven't gotten around to starting running, P90X, or yoga but I have made plans to try yoga soon.

Now, on to the standard work before/after pics. I went for side views this time. I think I look pretty much the same in all of these even though they are taken many days apart. Maybe that is a good thing. It shows I am not gaining everything back nor am I wasting away into nothing!


I think it's time I start updating monthly. There isn't too much daily to blog about right now. So until next time, be well!